This state-of-the-art lead-acid battery is the valve-regulated type
(sometimes called "sealed" or maintenance-free), which suspends the electrolyte in a silica-based gel that produces a thick pasty material.
The advantage of this design is that the battery needs no water additions,
can be operated in any position, and can be used in close proximity to people
and sensitive equipment.
Universal Power Group is a leader in competitively priced sealed Gel Cell technology. This new technology provides the following benefits
compared to old technology wet batteries:
- Sealed no leak design
- Higher cranking amps
- Lower self discharge
- Greater vibration resistance
- Heavy duty, no corrosion terminals
- Electrolyte is suspended in a silica-based gel which produces a thick pasty material.
- 1 yr. Manufacturer Warranty
- UPG Model No. D5872
- Also Known As UB-24 Gel
- Manufactured by Universal Power Group
- NOTE: SLA (AGM), Gel Cell ship via UPS Domestic (USA)